Benefits and Limitations
This service is being provided via two-way synchronous audio and video technology. Online conference technology allows for greater convenience in service delivery when in-person attendance is not possible.
There are potential risks in transmitting information over technology that include, but are not limited to, breaches of confidentiality and the theft of personal information.
By joining ZOOM meetings or events, you acknowledge the following:
- Access to, and familiarity with, the appropriate technology in order to participate in the services provided is needed.
- A charged functioning device to prevent disruption during your session is necessary.
- There is the potential for the disruption of service due to technical difficulties.
- When signing in to Zoom, indicate first name only as your name will be visible to other members of the group.
- You understand and are aware that there is a risk that people not participating in the group session may hear you and your surroundings by way of the Zoom application or audio.
- Jefferson cannot fully guarantee privacy due to the nature of these interactive community group sessions.
- Creating a safe and confidential space to participate in sessions is your responsibility.
- The space should be free of others and difficult for others to see, or hear interactions, such as participating in a private room or by wearing headphones, during your sessions. These measures are needed to protect your privacy and the privacy of all group members.