Our support services are here for you during treatment – and long after.
We understand that cancer can affect many aspects of your life, and that it doesn’t stop when your treatment is complete. That’s why our support services are designed to meet the physical and emotional needs of both you and your family – both during and after treatment. Our cancer experts understand what you need at every step of the journey, sometimes before you know what you need yourself.
Supportive services we offer include:
- Oncology Social Workers – Offering individual, couple, and family counseling to help you reduce outside stressors, making it easier to deal with a cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Nutrition and Dietetic Counseling – Providing you with information, education and consultation throughout your cancer care and beyond, since the right food choices can help minimize some of the side effects of your cancer treatment
- Financial Assistance Services – Providing trained financial counselors to help answer questions about your insurance coverage and to help you apply for coverage if you are uninsured or underinsured
- Fertility Preservation – Helping women, men, and children understand their individual risk factors as well as their reproductive options now and in the future through a thorough oncofertility consultation
- Survivorship Programs – Including support/networking groups, lectures, workshops, and social events for people living with cancer and their loved ones
- A Support Network – Providing access to specially trained nurses, educators, fellow patients, and cancer survivors
Other services are available. Ask your treatment team if your Jefferson Health location offers other support and services that may be of interest to you.
The role of genetic testing.
There are many reasons people choose to do genetic testing. We can help you make an informed decision about whether genetic testing is right for you and/or your family. If it is, our cancer experts perform a thorough assessment that takes into account your risk factors, any family cancer history, and your personal medical history. Your case may also be reviewed at our weekly Genetics Case Conference, where genetic counselors, advanced practice nurses in genetics, medical oncologists, and licensed social workers work together to fine-tune an individualized plan for you.
- Comprehensive expert genetic counseling
- Advanced genetic testing
- Novel research opportunities
Interested in scheduling a genetic test? Request an appointment.
Schedule a cancer screening today. Whether you’re looking for a mammogram, colonoscopy, lung cancer screening, or prostate screening, the Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center – Jefferson Health is ready for you. Call 1-800-JEFF-NOW.