Your personalized care plan delivers something truly incredible: hope.
We understand that your cancer is not like anyone else's... so we treat you that way. Crafting a care plan that is truly individual and based on factors like:
- Your cancer's type, location, and size
- Whether your cancer is localized or if it has spread
- Your age and physical condition
- Whether it's best to completely remove the cancer, slow down the cancer’s growth, or prevent recurrence of the disease
Taking into account all of the things that make your situation unique, our experts partner with your physician to build a personalized care plan that includes:
- Your support team, featuring specialists from various disciplines
- The right treatment options for you, including leading-edge technologies like immunotherapy
- Support services, from one-on-one counseling to support groups for survivors, and everything in between
- Access to the Jefferson Health location that works best for you and your treatment
- Genetic testing, when appropriate for your cancer
The magic starts with your treatment team.
Our cancer experts are nationally recognized – in fact, U.S. News & World Report ranked the Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center 20th in the nation in cancer. Whether we’re creating your personalized care plan, coordinating your appointments, connecting you to our support services, or just answering your questions, they provide one-on-one support every step of the way. Our team approach also means you get the best care from a wide range of disciplines, including:
- Radiologists and pathologists, who help with diagnosis and determining what treatment(s) will be most effective
- Surgeons, who expertly remove tumors
- Medical oncologists and radiation oncologists, who deliver treatments
- Highly trained staff who work exclusively in cancer, including genetic counselors, nurses, nutritionists, social workers, and more
Many of our physicians contribute to leading scientific and medical journals and hold leadership positions in national and local cancer organizations. And, many of our distinguished staff – including researchers, radiation and medical oncologists, surgeons, neurosurgeons, urologists, gastroenterologists and cancer specialists – are recognized on prestigious lists like Best Doctors in America®.
To get in touch with our team, call 1-800-JEFF-NOW.
As personal as it gets: genomic testing.
Using ultra-precise genomic testing, we can get to know your cancer at the molecular level. Giving us the data we need to create a genomic profile in order to match you to approved, targeted therapies, immunotherapies, and clinical trials. Remarkably, a genomic test can show us the alterations in your DNA that are driving cancer growth, allowing us to more precisely target treatments.
Jefferson Health is a founding member of the Precision Medicine Exchange Consortium (PMEC), a national, shared platform of genomic data that allows us to test new ideas for treatments and advanced personal care plans.